Things I wish goths/deathrockers would paint on their jackets.
- Advertisements for their favourite charities instead of their favourite bands.
- Quotes from their favourite political slogans instead of their favourite Christian Death lyrics.
- A painstaking original piece of artwork instead of a painstaking reproduction of your favourite Siouxsie photo.
- Something vaguely hilarious or subversive or creative instead of “goth goth goth gawwwwwwwwwth”.
Or at least don’t make all your goddamn jackets look the same. Not that I really care: if you want to look like a Nascar driver from hell, be my guest.
Maybe I’ve just become too punk for goth. Or too stuck-up to live. Who knows. Deathrock jackets are pretty, but they basically take the provocative and reactionary aesthetic of punk jackets and turn them into a self-indulgent practice in conformist non-conformity.
I’m kind of sick of the celebrity worship tradgoths/deathrockers have for bands that broke up thirty years ago, and how every deathrock jacket worships the same few “safe” bands that every goth already knows a million times over. Do you have any idea how stagnant the music of current goth bands are now because of this shit? Could you at least advertise a decent *local* band on your jacket? Or even a *current* one?
I’m no policer of fashions: you’re not hurting anyone with these jackets (except maybe the cows they come from, but I don’t think that’s a rant anyone cares about). I just think there’s no point creating something that is both loud and also mind-numbingly self-indulgent and boring.
- kittykittyfluff likes this
- the-sweet-tender-schizoid likes this
- thewordwielder likes this
- sexyfemininegoddess likes this
- plethoraofpenuz likes this
- lifeofangony likes this
- deadthing reblogged this from ribqueen and added:
- touristghetto likes this
- voweled likes this
- neongrave likes this
- sadisticgrandma likes this
- lolasaloser likes this
- essentialisinvisible likes this
- rottedhome likes this
- aberde-en likes this
- plicka likes this